Leaders from UNDBIO – WV’s Newest Biopharmaceutical Company – to Headline WV Bio Summit
With the goal of highlighting the entrepreneurs, researchers, companies, and institutions that are making a positive difference in West Virginia’s life science community, the West Virginia Bioscience Association will host the 11th Annual West Virginia Bioscience Summit on Monday, May 15 (evening reception) and Tuesday, May 16(conference) in Morgantown. The event will take place at the WVU Innovation Corporation.
Those interested in attending may register by clicking here.
Bryan Brown, executive director of the West Virginia Bioscience Association, said, “The West Virginia Bioscience Summit will highlight the progress being made in the biotech industry in the state and feature experts discussing strategies to grow life science businesses in the region. We’re thrilled to have the participation of UNDBIO, the state’s latest large-scale biopharmaceutical company to announce operations in West Virginia.”
“Entrepreneurs and researchers in any technology or life science field will benefit from the programming offered at this year’s conference,” said Brown. “Economic developers, investors, policy makers and technical assistance providers will benefit as well.”
State and regional leaders – from the life sciences, academia, and government – will inform, educate, and inspire attendees on a variety of topics, such as the incredible innovation coming out of state biotech companies, university research activities, funding opportunities and much more.
Presentations will feature:
- Yong Soo Jun, CEO/Chairman, and Dr. Soma Sekhar Penumajji, COO/Chief Executive Director, of UNDBIO Co., Ltd., and WVU School of Pharmacy Dean William Petros discussing the company’s planned insulin manufacturing facility in Morgantown and the partnership opportunities that come with it.
- Representatives from the WVU Innovation Corporation will highlight the facility’s past use, current status, and future plans while featuring new tenants that are taking advantage of the opportunities this space holds for West Virginia STEM, life science, and industry growth and development
- Leaders from the Office of U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito, the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute, and the WV Parkinson Support Network showcasing how West Virginia is leading the nation on new federal and state policy, first-of-a-kind clinical trials, and nationally recognized patient advocacy.
- Representatives from the WV SBDC and WVU will be joined by life science company executives to discuss the growth of SBIR/STTR awards to West Virginia companies and the benefits they provide.
- An executive with the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) will provide an overview of the state of the US biopharmaceutical industry, the state of university research funding, best practices for industry development, and the critical priorities (state/federal) for the biopharmaceutical industry.
- And, much more!
Event sponsorship is being provided by: West Virginia University, Viatris, VWR Avantor, BIO, PhRMA, TechConnect WV, Pfizer, and GATC Health.
For additional information, contact Bryan Brown at (304) 546-5500.