TechConnect, WVSBDC to Host “ABCs of the SBIR/STTR Program”
Join TechConnect and the WV Small Business Development Center for a virtual workshop from noon-1:30pm on Wednesday, Feb. 22 on how the government’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs can provide a source of non-dilutive R&D funding for initial development of your high-risk, innovative idea and proof that it has potential in the marketplace. These two programs provide over $4 billion to innovative small companies annually. To register, click here.
Dr. Megan Varnum, a Principal Consultant with BBC Entrepreneurial Training and Consulting, will lead our discussion on what it takes to participate in the programs. This training is designed to provide enough information for attendees to determine if they would like to seriously pursue proposal development and provides necessary steps to help begin the process.
- Eligibility requirements
- Participating agencies
- The differences between SBIR and STTR
- How to determine which agency is right for you
- Common misconceptions and more!
Who should attend:
- Companies from startups with less than 500 employees who do early-stage, technical R&D
- Academics who want to commercialize their technologies
- Companies who are seeking early stage, non-dilutive funding for research towards product development
To register, click here.