Intuit CEO Brad Smith To Headline TechConnect’s Innovation Forum April 6
Brad Smith, Huntington native and chief executive officer of global accounting-tools provider Intuit, will
keynote TechConnect West Virginia’s “Growing Innovation in the Mountain State” policy forum on Wednesday, April 6 at BridgeValley Community & Technical College’s Advanced Technology Center in the WV Regional Technology Park in South Charleston. The event will begin with a light breakfast at 9:30. The program will start at 10am and end at noon.
The goal of the event is to promote the state’s technology economy and explore strategies for further growth. In addition to Intuit CEO Brad Smith, the event will include remarks from the Honorable Bill Cole, President of the West Virginia Senate, and feature two panel discussions:
“Education matters: How to identify and foster young entrepreneurial talent in West Virginia”
- Joe Daly, Partner, Gallup
- Joyce McConnell, Provost, West Virginia University
- Tom Heywood, Managing Partner, Bowles Rice LLP
“Putting the next generation to work: Partnerships that lead to more hiring and investments”
- Dr. Jerome Gilbert, President, Marshall University;
- Joe Maxwell, Managing Partner, FinTech Growth Fund, Cultivation Capital;
- Dr. Wael Zatar, Professor, College of Information Technology and Engineering, Marshall University
- Dr. John Maher, Chairman of the Board, TechConnect West Virginia
There is no cost to attend, however, registration is required. Please click here to register.