October 29, 2018
Contact: Anne Barth, (304) 444-2918
Global Tech Giants, Local/Regional Experts to Convene For
WV Coding & Cyber Summit Nov. 15th in Charleston
CHARLESTON, W.VA. – Featuring presenters from global technology giants like Intuit, IBM, McAfee, and Northrop Grumman, along with cyber experts from the FBI, U.S. Department of Energy, the Center for Internet Security and more, the West Virginia Cyber & Coding Summit will highlight the incredible opportunities to grow West Virginia’s knowledge sector and digital economy.
Taking place from 9am-4pm on Thursday, Nov. 15th at the Charleston Marriott, the event aims to highlight West Virginia’s efforts to develop a workforce ready to fill the thousands of available jobs in software coding and cybersecurity.
Anne Barth, executive director of TechConnect West Virginia, the event host, said, “This year’s event will place special emphasis on the cybersecurity sector and its workforce needs. Other presentations will cover cyber threats, cybersecurity best practices and cyber awareness policies. Finally, the Summit will profile how the state’s education system is offering students a variety of technology classes and programs, including coding, game development, networking and cybersecurity.”
The event features more than twenty-five high caliber, industry experts from across the country and here in West Virginia. Presenters include:
- Diane G. Miller, Corporate Director, Global Cyber Education & Workforce Development, Northrop Grumman Corporation;
- Bernard F. McKay, Senior Vice President for Global Corporate Affairs & Chief Public Policy Officer, Intuit;
- Jason Rolleston, Vice President for Security Intelligence & Analytics, McAfee;
- Trey Clark, CISSP, Associate Partner, Cyber & Biometrics, Managed Security Services Leader, IBM Global Business Services, U.S. Federal;
- Timi M. Hadra, Partner & WV Senior State Executive, Global Business Services, U.S. Public Service, IBM Services
- Karen S. Evans, Assistant Secretary of Energy for Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response, S. Department of Energy;
- George A. White, CISSP, Chief, Information Assurance Unit, Criminal Justice Information Services, Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- Eugene Kipniss, Senior Program Specialist Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center, Center for Internet Security;
- Stan Partlow, Vice President – Chief Security Officer, American Electric Power
Representatives from multiple state and regional organizations will also participate and include: the WV High Technology Foundation; WV Office of Technology; WVForward, WV Community & Technical College System; WV Department of Education; the West Virginia Small Business Development Center; AEP, Central APP, Richwood Scientific; Generation WV and Advantage Technology.
Event sponsors include: Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation, IBM, NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium, Northrop Grumman, Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC, University of Charleston, WV Higher Education Policy Commission, Division of Science & Research, Marshall University Digital Forensic & Information Assurance Program, West Virginia University, WV Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Advantage Technology, Allegheny Science & Technology, Core10, BridgeValley Community & Technical College and New South Media.
For additional information, contact Anne Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (304) 444.2918.
# # #