3 Steps to StartUp Venture Fair Set for November 16th
Entrepreneurs across West Virginia and the region are encouraged to attend the virtual 3 Steps to StartUp Venture Fair, taking place from 9:00am-noon on Tuesday, November 16.
This event builds on the content and lessons communicated during the 3 Steps to StartUp Venture Fair held earlier this year (March 2021). To register, click here!
The event, which will feature experienced investors, assistance providers and innovators that have “been there and done that”, aims to provide West Virginia tech-focused, research-driven entrepreneurs an opportunity to learn strategies for knowing how and when to make an investor pitch, how to identify the appropriate funders to pitch to, managing investor relationships, and more!
Presentation topics will include:
- Role of the investor post-investment
- Seasoned funders discussing when an entrepreneur is ready to pitch; how to find out who to pitch to; and, how to recover from a bad pitch
- Watch & Learn: Pitches from WV StartUp Companies
- Each startup provides a 5-minute pitch, to be followed by up to 5 minutes of feedback from investors/funders.
- Lessons Learned/Best Practices/Words of Wisdom from “New-ish” Entrepreneurs
The event is open to all entrepreneurs, assistance providers, small business owners, funders, economic developers, and others. There is no cost to attend.
To register, click here
About 3 Steps To StartUp
Funded by the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation through a federal POWER (Partnerships for Opportunity and Workforce and Economic Revitalization) grant, 3 Steps To StartUp builds on traditional business assistance programs and adds a suite of virtual resources. The overarching purpose is to accelerate entrepreneurialism and innovation to diversify the economy in West Virginia. To learn more about the 3 Steps to StartUp program, or to apply, visit http://3steps2startup.com/.