Still Time to Register for TransTech Energy Conference Set for Nov. 12-13
Registration is still open for the Third Annual TransTech Energy Business Development Conference, scheduled November 12-13 in Morgantown. “TechConnect West Virginia once again is pleased to be one of the conference’s sponsors and to be part of promoting entrepreneurism and innovation in this important business sector,” said Anne Barth, Executive Director.
Participate, raise expectations and help build the “TTE Ecosystem” of innovators, start-up companies, investors, strategic partners, and customers! For more information about the agenda, or to register, click here. Don’t miss:
• Twenty-three innovators and entrepreneurs will pitch their TTE products and services to panels of expert judges – competing for monetary and technical assistance awards – and hoping angel or venture capital investors will like what they see and hear.
• Seasoned high-tech entrepreneur, professor of electrical engineering, and former University of Kentucky president Lee T. Todd will give the keynote talk at the conference dinner on Wednesday evening with introductory comments by WVU President E. Gordon Gee.
• Other featured speakers include NETL Director Grace Bochenek, U.S. DOE Advanced Manufacturing Office Director Mark Johnson, ARPA-E Interim Director Cheryl Martin, Autodesk Global Business Development Manager Paul Cousens, and FRB-Richmond Community Development Director Sandy Tormoen.
• Micro-loans, new market tax credits, angel and venture capital investment for TTE projects and start-ups will be discussed by experts from the Federal Reserve Bank-Richmond, the Washington, D.C. law firm McDermott Will & Emery, the WV Growth Investment Fund, and angel investors from four regional states.
• Autodesk will give a high-impact presentation on their newest cloud-enabled 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software – and will explain how TTE start-ups can be granted free CAD/CAM/Design software valued up to $150K through the Autodesk CleanTech Partners Program. Technical personal will present a tutorial/demo workshop on using Autodesk tools for product design, visualization, and digital prototyping.