Innovation Awards Nomination Deadline Extended to Sept. 8th
The nomination deadline for the Spirit of Innovation Awards has been extended to 11:59 pm on Tuesday, September 8. For information on the competition and how to nominate yourself or others, click here. To download an application, click here.
Anne Barth, executive director of TechConnect West Virginia, said, “The Spirit of Innovation Awards are an opportunity to celebrate successes in innovation in West Virginia, and to recognize individuals and organizations who are leaders in supporting innovation and innovation-based business development.”
Barth added, “We have so many exciting things going on in our state’s innovation and technology economy – things many West Virginians don’t know about. The goal of the Spirit of Innovation Awards competition is to highlight some of these success stories and perhaps inspire others who have an entrepreneurial spirit.”
The competition is open to individuals, organizations, companies and teams. Individuals nominated must be West Virginia residents or full-time students in the state. Companies and organizations must be based in West Virginia.
Awards will be made in the following categories:
- Innovator of the Year – An inventor or researcher (academic or non-academic) whose work has created the greatest impact on technology in the state
- StartUp Innovation of the Year – An innovation from a university technology transfer office or from a private company that has been in business less than five years or had sales for less than three years
- Student Innovator of the Year – A student inventor or researcher who demonstrates innovative characteristics and whose work has generated the greatest impact on technology
- Entrepreneurial Support of the Year – An individual or entity that has provided outstanding professional assistance to startup companies and entrepreneurs launching new innovation-focused businesses.
- Outstanding Woman in Technology – A woman who has demonstrated a commitment and dedication to innovation
Barth added that preference will be given to nominations related to the four technology platforms targeted by TechConnectWV, including advanced energy; chemicals and advanced materials; biotechnology; and biometrics and identity management.
The awards will be presented at an event on November 16 at the Culture Center in Charleston.
For more information about the TechConnectWV Spirit of West Virginia awards or to download a nomination form, visit www.techconnectwv.org. For sponsorship information, contact Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 444-2918.